Posts Tagged do i inform Building Control about external insulation rendering

Why do I need Building Regs Approval ?

Under the Building Regs Part L1B 2010 you cannot replace or add a wall covering – apart from paint – to any solid wall without incorporating insulation to save energy and reduce heating costs . This applies to any internal wall renovation or external rendering of the wall and covers things like replacing or adding render,plaster or cladding and applies if you are working on at least 50% of an individual wall’s surface area. Mistakenly some people assume it has to be 50% of the whole house before you need to insulate but it is 50% of each individual wall.


Posted in: Building Regs Part L1B

Leave a Comment (0) →